Mr. Van Quyen CHU
Mr. Van Quyen CHU is a lawyer and one of the founding members of INVENTIO. He is one of the people who laid the foundation for intellectual property development in Vietnam in the 1980s. He has over 30 years of experience in establishing and protecting the IP rights of organizations, enterprises, and individuals.
Mr. Quyen is a member of many domestic and international IP organizations, namely: International Trademark Association (INTA), European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA), International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI), International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), ASEAN Intellectual Property Association (ASEAN IPA), Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA), American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Vietnam Intellectual Property Association (VIPA), Vietnam Lawyers Association (VLA), Vietnam Bar Federation (VBF).
Languages: French, Russian, English, Vietnamese
– Intellectual Property
– 1978 – 1979: University of Erevan, Armenia;
– 1979 – 1984: Institute of Management of Moscow, Russia;
– 1984 – 1985: Patent Training at Moscow Patent Law Institute, Russia;
– 1994 – 1997: Hanoi University of Law, Vietnam
– 1990: Intellectual Property Training in Switzerland, France, Japan.
– 1970 – 1984: Served in the army;
– 1985 – 1991: Officer of Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam (IP VIETNAM);
– 1991 – 1997: Chief Accountant of Supporting Center for Creative Promotion and Industrial Property Right Protection;
– 1997 – 2012: Deputy Director of Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creations (VIFOTEC);
– 2000: Deputy Director of Center for Promotion of Inventions and Innovations (CEPIN);
– 2016 – Present: Founding member of INVENTIO.
– 2017 – Present: Head of the Inspection Committee and Member of the Standing Committee of Vietnam Intellectual Property Association (VIPA).