Mr. Van Son MAI
Mr. Van Son MAI joined INVENTIO in 2020. He has more than 35 years of experience in the IP field.
He was the former Director of the International Cooperation Division of the National Office of Industrial Property of Vietnam. He held prominent position for the Permanent Mission of Viet Nam to International Organizations from 2011 to 2018.
Mr. Son has in-depth knowledge of IP laws and laws in force, often participates in IP conferences, and issues opinions on IP law and related matters.
Languages: Russian, English, Vietnamese.
– Intellectual Property;
– Industrial Designs;
– IP litigation and disputes.
– 1979 – 1984: Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics, and Informatics (MESI);
– 1984 – 1985: Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property;
– 1993 – 1994: Graduate student in Economics, University of Essex, United Kingdom;
– 1995 – 1997: Master of Business Administration (MBA), London University College;
– 1985: Joined the National Office of Industrial Property of Vietnam as a legal officer;
– 2007 – 2011: Director, International Cooperation Division of the National Office of Industrial Property of Vietnam;
– 2011 – 2018: Counsellor in charge of intellectual property issues in the World Trade Organization (WTO) and The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Permanent Mission of Viet Nam to the United Nations Office, WTO, and other International Organizations at Geneva, Switzerland.